In recognition of World Food Day on October 16, our school has decided to participate in the FCC Drive Away Hunger program by collecting donations of food for people who are hungry in our area.
By participating in this program, FCC will include our school in a draw for a $500 donation to be used to make improvements at the school.
In support of this program, we would like you to send a food item to school with your child between October 6th – 15th. We will have a short assembly on October 17 to make our donation to the Summerside Food Bank.
For more information on FCC Drive Away Hunger, visit www.fccdriveawayhunger.ca.
Below is a list of most needed food items according to Food Banks Canada:
- Pasta (canned or dry) and pasta sauces
- Canned meats and fish
- Meat alternatives (peanut butter, soy, assorted packaged nuts)
- Canned goods (beans, soups, and stews)
- Dairy (canned and powdered milk)
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Whole grain cereals
- Infant foods and baby formula
Thank you for your support. Working together, we can drive away hunger!
The Grade 6 Class at Amherst Cove
ps… watch the video below for more on this initiative…