Long-time ACC teacher, Mr. Richard Pettipas, is currently undergoing extensive treatment for a recent diagnosis of bone cancer. Those of you that remember Mr. P, know that he gave tirelessly to our school for many years, heavily involved in sports, student travel, and other activities. Now it’s our turn to give back and we have undertaken a few activities to help raise funds to offset his medial related costs. On Thursday, October 29th, we are encouraging student to wear a hat or their favorite jersey (or both) to show their support of Mr. P and all proceeds of Goji’s sales from that day will be donated to the cause. What a great excuse to have a tasty, frozen treat! On Saturday, October 31st, we are hosting a pancake breakfast from 9-11am at our school. Tickets are only $5. We are also putting together a gift basket of products that will be raffled off. Thank you to all the businesses and individuals that have donated money or products towards these two initiatives. Their support has gone a long way to ensuring these will be successful fundraisers. Tickets for the basket can be purchased at the school for just $2 or 3 for $5. The value of the basket continues to grow but is currently over $300. The draw will take place on Friday, November 20th.
- Amherst Cove - School Colours Day (Toonies for Terry) September 28, 2018
- Amherst Cove - Lockdown Drill September 28, 2018 at 9:45 am – 10:15 am
- Amherst Cove - Terry Fox Run September 28, 2018 at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- Amherst Cove - School Goals Day - No classes for schools in the "west". October 1, 2018
- Amherst Cove - 1st HPV Vaccine for Grade 6 students October 10, 2018