We use several channels to keep you informed of what is going on here at ACC. The following list is meant to inform or remind you of those ways:
- Our school website (www.amherstcoveconsolidated.wordpress.com) is a great source of information. You can find details about upcoming events, links to resources for both parents and students, pdf copies of our newsletter, etc.
- Our school Facebook page (www.facebook.com/AmherstCove) is great if you are a Facebook user. Unlike a webpage where you would have to go looking for information, Facebook posts come to you through your feed automatically if you’ve liked our page. As a rule, we always try to cross-list postings to both our webpage and our Facebook page at the same time.
- Your Parent Council (or Home and School Association) also maintains their own Facebook page (www.facebook.com/groups/ACCParentCouncil) and we make an effort to see that they also share our posts. In case you were wondering, we prefer not to merge the two Facebook pages into one. Keeping the pages separate allows your Parent Council to have its own voice on important issues that, as a school, we may not be able to comment on.
- We use a Google Calendar to keep track of upcoming events. The calendar appears as an “Upcoming Events” sidebar on our homepage. There is also a link to the full calendar in the menu of the website. If you would like more instant access, you can follow the instructions at this link to subscribe to our google calendar on your cell phone or home computer. How to subscribe to a Google Calendar
- Some classroom teachers use blogs or the Google Classroom platform to post information specific to their class. However, the use of these is optional for each teacher. If your child’s teacher uses one, they will pass the link on to you.
- Teachers in the junior high area use Students Achieve to post assessment information throughout the year to keep you aware of what is due and how your child is performing. You can contact your child’s classroom teacher or the main office if you require login information.
- We also use Students Achieve to send out mass emails on occasion to the school community or Hot Lunches to send out food-specific emails to the families that use that service. When verifying your contact information each year, please ensure that we have your correct email address on file.
- We still follow the traditional practice of sending paper memos home in many occasions. To save paper and reduce duplication, if you have more than one student at school, the memo is sent with the youngest child since parents are more likely to be checking the school bags of younger children.
Thanks for taking an interest in your child’s education. Your partnership is essential!