We are starting off the year with great intentions to make better use of our Google calendar to keep you up to date on what’s happening here at ACC. You will notice an “Upcoming Events” sidebar on the left side of our school webpage as well as a link under the “About ACC” tab at the top right to the full calendar. It’s still a work in progress but it’s started. This year’s open house date/time is posted there (Instead of just telling you the date, I’m going to make you look for it to get used to the calendar!). If you are tech-y, you can even import the google calendar to your own electronic calendar with just a few clicks!
We have the first seven school days loaded on Hot Lunches and ready to order. Visit acc.hotlunches.net to place your order. Please note that the deadline for this first period is Thursday. Sept. 7 at 8am so don’t delay. Your old logins are still valid. If you are new to the school and/or Hot Lunches, click on “The Filing Cabinet” tab on our school webpage to access the directions and access code to get started. The remaining weeks will be added (as soon as we can find the time). Gojis will begin later in the month.
All of us at ACC just wanted to take a second wish you all a SENSATIONAL SUMMER!
- Congratulations to our leaving grade 8s!
- Thanks to all our super volunteers throughout the year – your support was very much appreciated.
- We’ll see all our students in the Fall ~ first day of school is September 7th, 2017!
Check out our fun-filled wrap up party pics!
We were informed by the PSB that the bus will have 2 additional stops added within Borden-Carleton, effective Tuesday morning after Easter Break. In addition to the current stop in the vicinity of Miller and Borden Ave, there will be a stop added around 225 Borden Avenue and another stop around 181 Howatt St. The approximate locations are indicated on this image. These are year-round stops.
It’s NHL Playoff time so dust off your crystal ball and give our Bracket Pool a shot. This year, all proceeds will support our school breakfast program. As before, it only costs $5 per entry and you can enter as often as you wish. The format is simple, just pick the teams that you think will win each round plus a few extra questions along the way.
1st Place: $350; 2nd Place: $150; 3rd Place:$50; 4th-10th Place: Free entry in 2018
This year you can enter by submitting a paper copy or even easier (for you and us) complete the online form and follow the payment instructions provided. Students have the opportunity to earn prizes for selling pools so if you bought from a student (or just want to nominate a student) be sure to include their name on your entry. The playoffs begin Wednesday but we will be accepting entries up until 6pm (AST) on Friday, April 14, 2017.
You can enter by…
to complete your entry online.
Asking an Amherst Cove student for a form.
Visiting http://www.accnhl.wordpress.com for all the latest pool news, including links to the paper entry form and the online form.
Please share this link with others that may be interested in our pool.
Well folks, we are into the last three months of school!
- With Spring officially here, and warmer temperatures coming soon, we are noticing some wetter, muddier and thus, smellier, mittens and snowpants – so please try to wash them as needed and keep our halls smelling fresh!
- With wet feet too, it might be good to have an extra pair of socks stored in backpacks!
- Lost and found items, from this winter, will be on display this week in the old library computer lab. Please come see if any are yours! Unclaimed items will be donated.
- Lastly, we remind parents that April is full of 4 day school weeks- due to PD days and the Easter Break- so please make arrangements accordingly!
Wednesdays are tasty Baked Potato Day!
Sponsored and run by the grade 8s, as a fundraiser, we are serving up scrumptious home grown PEI baked potatoes weekly to staff and students, at the l0w low price of only $2.50.
Order yours on hot lunches, or bring your money in the day of, and we’ll make sure you get a hot spud to warm and fill your belly! Thanks!!