Students and staff will be walking outdoors around the track on the afternoon of Friday, Sept. 15th in honour of Terry Fox. Participants are encouraged to make a small monetary donation ($1, $2, or whatever you choose) that will be donated to support Cancer Research. Thank you in advance for your support!
Our ACC Seadogs are starting a rockband and we need your help. We are in search of a few electric guitars and guitar amps. We figure you may be one of the many, many people that bought a guitar years ago with great plans to learn but alas, time has passed and the guitar does nothing but collect dust. So why not give it a shot at stardom in the hands of a younger musician here at ACC. Give us a shout if you’ve got something to donate – it would be much appreciated and enjoyed!
As you are likely aware from a previous memo sent home, our annual Open House takes place this evening. The start times depend on the sessions that you wish to attend. We have tried to create a schedule that best suits the majority of families since some have multiple children in our school and may want to attend more than one session.
- Mrs. Bryanton (Kindergarten) is hosting a 30 minute presentation from 6:00-6:30. She has many students with two or more siblings in the school so those families will be able to attend up to three sessions.
- Mrs. Thompson (Grade 1) is hosting a 30 minute presentation from 6:15-6:45. She has many students with either none or just one more sibling in the school so those families will be able to attend a second session or only have to wait a few minutes for the full assembly to begin at 7pm.
- All other homeroom teachers will be presenting two 15 minute presentations. The two presentations will be the same so there is no need to attend both for the same class.
- Mrs. Howman will be hosting a 15 minute presentation for parents of Grades 3, 4, 5, & 6 students in regards to the band program and another new, exciting musical opportunity for this group of students. This session will be in the Music room from 6:15-6:30.
- At 7:00 we will gather in the music room for a full-school information session that will last approximately twenty or thirty minutes.
- To make the most efficient use of your time, we suggest working backwards from 7:00 to see how early you need to come to visit all the classrooms you require.
We are starting off the year with great intentions to make better use of our Google calendar to keep you up to date on what’s happening here at ACC. You will notice an “Upcoming Events” sidebar on the left side of our school webpage as well as a link under the “About ACC” tab at the top right to the full calendar. It’s still a work in progress but it’s started. This year’s open house date/time is posted there (Instead of just telling you the date, I’m going to make you look for it to get used to the calendar!). If you are tech-y, you can even import the google calendar to your own electronic calendar with just a few clicks!
We have the first seven school days loaded on Hot Lunches and ready to order. Visit acc.hotlunches.net to place your order. Please note that the deadline for this first period is Thursday. Sept. 7 at 8am so don’t delay. Your old logins are still valid. If you are new to the school and/or Hot Lunches, click on “The Filing Cabinet” tab on our school webpage to access the directions and access code to get started. The remaining weeks will be added (as soon as we can find the time). Gojis will begin later in the month.
All of us at ACC just wanted to take a second wish you all a SENSATIONAL SUMMER!
- Congratulations to our leaving grade 8s!
- Thanks to all our super volunteers throughout the year – your support was very much appreciated.
- We’ll see all our students in the Fall ~ first day of school is September 7th, 2017!
Check out our fun-filled wrap up party pics!
We were informed by the PSB that the bus will have 2 additional stops added within Borden-Carleton, effective Tuesday morning after Easter Break. In addition to the current stop in the vicinity of Miller and Borden Ave, there will be a stop added around 225 Borden Avenue and another stop around 181 Howatt St. The approximate locations are indicated on this image. These are year-round stops.